Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Returning to normal

The last few days have been crazy, but things are slowly getting back to their normal abnormal state. Annabelle and I started back to Pilates today after more than a month of being away from it (between my ankle and all that traveling, it just got pushed aside). It felt amazing as always, but when I got home I needed a nap in the worst way. We both agree that we feel taller and can't wait to go back again on Friday.

This morning I did a huge purge of our fridge and pantry. The downside to living in one place for 4 years now (yikes!) is all the junk that accumulates. We should have purged and moved twice by now, which would have naturally led to getting rid of those strange odds and ends. I tossed out candy that I bought in Germany in 2006!

Ginger came home from the kennel today. Her original reservation was through today, and I just couldn't face bringing her home in the midst of all the insanity around getting Harvey settled, etc. She was thrilled to be home but not so thrilled to see that Harvey is still around. He hisses at here and arches his back like the world's least-scarey Halloween cat, but she is terrified. She seems to think that if she doesn't look at him, he can't see her, so she spends a lot of time averting her eyes. I hope that they can become friends, because Ginger really is Harvey's best shot at a playmate. Eddie isn't aggressive, but he is NOT interested in playing either.

No comments: