Friday, June 27, 2008

Turtle rescue

The most exciting thing that happened today was that while we were driving home after Annabelle's bassoon lesson, we found a turtle hanging out in the middle of the road. I stopped the car and jumped out and grabbed him, and we drove him to the nearest park. We had to hike a little bit to get down to the pond. I set him at the water's edge, and he just sat there doing nothing. I bent down to pick him up and try a different spot, but he decided he had had enough of being carried around by me, so he scuttled off into the water and swam away.

I wish I had had my camera with me so that I could have documented the rescue and relocation, but you'll have to settle for an image I grabbed off the Internet. Just pretend this is my turtle (and that I set him up with a studio photo shoot before putting him in the pond):

No comments: