Friday, June 13, 2008

Fashion advice

If you look good in brown or orange, you should go buy a dress right now. There are a LOT of brown and orange dresses out there. I should know--I spent most of today at the mall in Louisville trying to find a dress that was NOT brown or orange. I did fine a black and white dress at Steinmart that, at $25, I couldn't afford NOT to buy, but it's not what I had in mind for the restaurant opening we're attending next weekend.

I was feeling some shopping pressure as well because I had about $25 in reward points from a Macy's holiday promotion and it was going to expire on June 15. I wound up spending it in the lingerie department because there was NOTHING else in the store that appealed to me and who can't use new underwear? Unfortunately, in all the on and off in the dressing room of the dress department, I managed to lose one of my favorite earrings that I had just bought a couple weeks ago. So I wound up down in the jewelry department re-buying them for $13. Sigh . . .

No comments: