Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Forward my mail

I'm back at Panera again. This is turning into an every afternoon habit thanks to the free wi-fi. I dropped Annabelle off at her play practice and then spent the first half of my down time sitting in my car under a tree at Steak-n-Shake enjoying a strawberry shake and doing a little paperwork. Once my shake and paperwork were gone though, I still had over an hour to kill, so here I am at Panera.

There's really not much to report from here. My Flickr obsession is continuing. It's funny--when I started this "little" project a week ago, I thought of Flickr as a backup in case a natural disaster should consume my computer and external hard drive. Now I'm starting to think of them as my safety net in case anything should ever happen to Flickr. It can happen, you know. I had an account on Sony's Image Station for a couple of years, and they wound up shutting down. That's OK though. I never really forgave them for not shipping to an APO address. When I wanted to make a poster of the kids for Fred's wall in his trailer in Iraq, I wound up ordering from Walmart instead of Image Station thanks to their stupid mailing restrictions. So far Flickr isn't showing any tendencies towards irritating me, so I'll pray for their continued good health.

Anyway, it's my Flickr obsession that drew me to Panera this afternoon. Sure, I could go wander the mall for my last hour of quiet. But why do that when I can sit here sipping sweet tea and tagging photos?

No comments: