Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sharp-dressed men

So did I ever mention that the night before we were leaving here to go to Alabama the rock band ZZ Top played a concert here on post? Yeah, I didn't think so . . .

Well, anyway, ZZ Top was here, so of course Mike had to go. He does love himself a concert. Fred was going to go, but his back had been bothering him and in the end he decided that sitting in a lawn chair was not the best way to spend the night before a 500-mile drive.

He and I were half-asleep when Mike finally got home that night, sporting an autographed VIP pass and telling of getting to meet the band thanks to the commanding general of the Armor Center. Mike said that somebody took a picture with a mighty impressive camera, so we hoped to see it in the next week's post newspaper. Alas, no such photo was to be found.

This morning I emailed the photographer for the paper and asked if perhaps he had taken such a photo. He said no, he had not, but he forwarded my email to some other photographers, and within just a couple of hours I had this in my inbox:



Mike is going to keel over when he sees it! I've got an 8 by 10 on order at Walmart. I wish I could quietly set it aside for his birthday, but I'm just too excited. He gets home from yearbook camp in Nashville tonight, and I can't wait to show it to him!

No comments: