Monday, May 04, 2009

When will I learn?

I have friends who own cameras that are mas macho, and while I feel a twinge of jealousy each time I see their fantastic pictures, I also know myself well enough to know that I need a small camera that I can easily shove in my purse or pocket. I worry that if I had a big camera, I would be too lazy to carry it around. So then why, why, WHY do I so often find myself wishing for my camera?!

Remember a week or so ago when I found those baby birds in the light pole in E'town? Well, this evening I parked by the same light pole and was delighted to see little adolescent birdies sitting in the opening to the pole. I, unfortunately, had left my camera home in my kitchen, so I snapped this pic with my cell phone:



It's OK, but I can't figure out if it's possible to zoom at all using my phone. Plus with my shaky hands, it's hard to get a crisp picture without some sort of image stabilization feature. I was really kicking myself when the mother bird swooped in and hovered in front of their clamoring mouths while she fed them. No way am I steady enough to get a shot like that on my phone!

No comments: