Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Start spreading the news . . .

. . . I'm leaving today!

It's time for the War College's annual field trip to NYC. Spouses are invited, and if you think I'm missing a chance to go to the Big Apple, well, then you don't know me as well as you think. With the Army picking up the tab for the hotel room, how can I afford NOT to go?

I'm flying to Pennsylvania today, so I'll finally get to check out Fred's home away from home. Then tomorrow we board motor coaches for the journey to Oz. We'll be staying at the Hyatt at Grand Central, which is the same hotel we stayed at when we took the kids a couple years ago.

I'm not taking my computer, but Fred will have his and I'll also have my iPod Touch, so I'll be blogging daily and checking email regularly. I probably won't post many photos though until I get home.

I have to give a huge shout out to my friends Sandy and Laura. They are making this trip possible by taking care of my babies, furry and otherwise, for me.

I need to go finish my packing. Ten pounds of crap, 5-pound bag and all that . . .

These little town blues are melting away . . .

No comments: