Friday, November 14, 2008

Into the woods and out of the woods . . .

. . . and home before dark! Well, not exactly. Barely home by midnight is more like it. It's been a long but fun day.

The day started for me at 6:00 a.m. when I was sitting at my computer, working feverishly to meet my deadlines. By 7:00 I had both my editing project and my school paper turned in, and by 8:00 I was on the road up to Louisville.

I have treated myself to a series of 5 private pilates lessons at a studio up there, and today at 9:00 was the third session. I am really enjoying it a lot! I swear I feel taller when I leave the studio.

I ran errands between 10:00 and 11:00 (dropped off rejected shoes at UPS, exchanged Mike's drag suit at the swim store, hit Starbucks), and at 11 I had my hair done. After that it was lunch and more errands and racing home to pick Mike up from swim practice at 4:30.

At 6:00 p.m. I was back on the road to Louisville once again, this time with Annabelle to see Presentation Academy's production of Into the Woods. I'm not nearly the Sondheim fan that Annabelle is, but it was really a top-notch show and an excellent way to spend a Friday evening.

Into the woods, and out of the woods, and happily ever after!

No comments: