Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas in the Park

Hi from Birmingham! We're at the Embassy Suites, waiting for Fred, whose plane is due in at 11 tonight. By and large the hotel is a bargain--roughly $100 with the military rate, and I'm enjoying my complimentary cocktail right now. The only bummer is that whereas the Hyatt in NYC charged $9.95 for 24 hours of Internet access, Embassy Suites charges $9.95 for 24 hours of Internet access PER CONNECTION. So I've ponied up 20 bucks to hook the kids up to the electronic teat, but oh well. I'm checking in briefly from Mike's computer while he changes into his swimsuit. We're going to go down to the swimming pool in a minute and then ordering pizza because I like to never have found this joint in the first place and I'm not taking a chance by leaving again. Besides there's probably another complimentary cocktail in my future.

I thought I would share a couple of pics from Annabelle's performance last night. Her musical theater group performed at the opening of E'town's Christmas in the Park. It was c-c-cold, but they did a great job!





Next stop Dadeville!

No comments: