Friday, November 21, 2008

NYC--Friday

I never thought I would actually be able to make it out of bed in time this morning to meet some friends in the hotel lobby at 7:30, but I did. We wandered over to Rockefeller Center to see if we could get on TV during the Today Show. We were way too late to get a decent spot, so we never did get any camera time. We did see some cute dogs though:



Also, if you click on this photo and look at it full sized, you should be able to see Al Roker in the red jacket and Meredith Vieira next to him:



I got back to the hotel around mid-morning and crawled into bed for a 2-hour nap. My feet and legs were aching, and I just couldn't get warm. When I pulled myself back to the land of the living at around 1:30, I was feeling much better. I got on the subway at Grand Central and went north 2 stops. There's a button store up there, Tender Buttons, that I've been dying to visit. Sure enough, it's a really cool store, and I found pewter buttons to replace the icky ones on an otherwise amazing coat I bought at Goodwill.

This evening we ventured as a group to Brooklyn for a dinner to celebrate the promotion of one of Fred's classmates. We had an amazing meal at Mambo Italiano--it seemed like the food (and wine!) would never stop coming. Then we shared a cab with another couple and made it back to the hotel. We're just about packed up to leave tomorrow (wow, I guess that's actually today now--hey, this now officially counts as Saturday's post instead of a second Friday post). This trip has flown by!

No comments: