Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Puttin' on the Ritz

You didn't think I'd let a little thing like a trip to NYC come between me and my blog, did you? I haven't blogged every day this year to be put off by paying 10 bucks for 24 hours of Internet access!

Yes, we're here in the Big Apple and having a wonderful time. The bus ride this morning was lots of fun. It's great meeting all of Fred's friends, but my head is swimming with new faces and names.

We got to town around lunchtime but had to hurry off for our 1:00 appointment to go to the top of the Empire State Building. Impressive sight!





Afterwards Fred and I broke off from the group to head for the half-price ticket booth in Times Square. We scarfed down hotdogs from a street vendor's cart on the walk over.

We decided to try something different, so we opted for Young Frankenstein. After we snagged our bargain tickets (row D, orchestra level, thank you very much!), we walked back to the hotel to get the keys to the room and move the luggage upstairs. Then we joined a group of friends and walked (and walked and walked and walked) from our hotel by Grand Central Station to a really awesome Afghan restaurant on Ninth Avenue between 52nd and 53rd Streets. We had a wonderful meal, and then Fred and I walked (and walked and walked) back to 42nd Street to see our show.

Young Frankenstein was lots of fun! Remember George, the psycho pharmacist from Desperate Housewives? He played Dr. Frankenstein! The guy who played Igor was hysterical, and we enjoyed watching Dr. Frankenstein and the rest of the cast try--sometimes successfully, sometimes not--to keep straight faces. Here's a little clip that features clips from the show from when it firt opened:



After the show, we walked back to the hotel, which is where I'm blogging from right now. I need to sign off though, as we have an early day tomorrow. I'll be back sometime in the next 24 hours before my current wireless day pass runs out to let you in on the latest adventures.

In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures I snapped in Times Square this afternoon that I thought Annabelle might like:



No comments: