Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Flamingo fest

Saturday night was a special occasion here at Fortress Knox. The whole neighborhood came together--flamingo and gnome lovers alike--to celebrate that magnificent pink bird. At first I was worried that I had nothing to wear that was worthy of such a momentous occasion, but I was fortunate to be able to borrow THE perfect dress from one of my new neighbors:



Annabelle and I were on a fairly short leash, as I had to get back to the school for the homecoming dance, but we set off down the road and found Canada House decked out in full splendor:



Pink was the official color of the evening, and everybody took part:



Here are our gracious host and hostess, our lovely neighbors from the north:



And here is a photographic feat that is rarer than a blue famingo--a triple-bunny-ears shot:



It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside to see these neighbors set aside their lawn-art weapons and come together for a night of fellowship. (Of course, you know we're all just DYING to see what happens next at that end of the street!)

No comments: