Sunday, September 07, 2008

Kommunication

This might not come across as funny if you weren't there, but it cracked me up. Tonight we had blueberry muffins and fruit salad for supper. We were winding down, and there was some fruit salad and 2 muffins left. Annabelle offered the fruit to me, but I said I was getting full.

Just then Mike asked, "Hey, Annabelle, do you want to split those last 2 muffin?"

She said, "I think those are Mom's muffins," but I said they should go ahead, which they did.

Then Mike asked, "So, Annabelle, are you going to finish that fruit salad?"

She said, "No."

I said, "Wait a minute! You asked me if I wanted it. For me, do you want that is codespeak for 'cause if you don't, I'm going to eat it."

She said, "Well, for me it's codespeak for if you're going to eat that fruit salad, can I have one of your muffins?"

See? Not as funny all written out, but good for a laugh at the moment.

No comments: