Tuesday, September 09, 2008

This is slower?

I have made a concerted effort to simplify my life this year with Fred being away and me doing the whole single-parenting thing. By and large it's working well, but then I occasionally get a day like today that just wears me out!

I was up and working by 6 this morning. It's my new thing and works out well assuming I get to bed early enough the night before. This way I can put in 2 hours before I get dressed and take the dog out at 8. Then I was back at work by 9 to get in a little more time before leaving for the first community club luncheon of the year.

After the luncheon, I met the swim boosters president at the credit union to open our bank account. I am the treasurer--I was never treasurer of anything before we moved here, but in 3 years I've put in one as treasurer of a PTO and 2 as treasurer for the band boosters. Now swim boosters . . . Never become the treasurer of anything because once you show people you can do that, you will always have a volunteer job.

Once we got the account opened (which took longer than you might think), I raced home to change and walk the dog. Then I had a little time to fritter away before leaving for the 4 o'clock PTO meeting.

After the PTO meeting, I came home and got Mike and took him down to Elizabethtown. The University of Kentucky was having a preview night and while he's not necessarily interested in UK, he's not necessarily NOT interested either. Either way, it was worth our time to go down there and see all the different areas of study that they offer. We grabbed a quick dinner at Steak-n-Shake afterwards, and now I'm home again, typing away on my laptop in bed. Once I get this posted, I'm going to turn out the light and either watch a little TV or read with my book light until about 10, so I can get a full 8 hours of sleep before I . . . get up at 6 tomorrow and start all over again.

No comments: