Wednesday, February 06, 2008

'Twas a dark and stormy night

Oh, man, I feel raw this morning. I'm sure it didn't help that I had a cup of coffee at my meeting yesterday, but I just could not get to sleep last night. First I stayed up a little later than usual working on my homework. Then I got embroiled in my book, and I just don't know how one is expected to close the book and turn out the light when the last Tsar of Russia is abdicating his throne, not only for himself but also for his son! And then the weather hit . . .

Lots of rain, lots of wind, lots of thunder and lightning. The power went out briefly, which reminded me that I should get up and unplug the computer. I'm glad I did--I don't know if the zap traveled through the cable or through the power cord, but I'm minus one router this morning. Oh and that poor old laptop with the sucky spacebar that was giving Annabelle such fits last night? Yeah, it doesn't want to turn on this morning. I think it might be fried.

When the power came back on, I turned on the TV to watch the weather. Once I could see that we were in the clear, I tried to get to sleep, but a firetruck pulled up in front of our house with its lights flashing. I got up and spied on the firemen through the miniblinds but never did figure out what they were up to. Pretty soon they left, and I finally drifted off.

I suppose I should go get dressed. I've got yet another meeting today at 10. I wish I could just crawl back into bed though!

No comments: