Thursday, February 07, 2008

Trendspotting

I am not generally a good one for spotting upcoming trends. I bought a computer 10 years ago that had a CD drive even though I was pretty sure I would never have use for such a thing.

The other night, however, I shared a hotel room in Frankfort with another mom whose kids made the second day of competition at Regionals. We had so much fun! We hung out at the pool eating pizza with the coach, and then once we got back to our room, we stayed up way too late gossiping and giggling.

In the morning we talked about what a shame it is that we girls stop having slumber parties when we grow up. And then it hit me!

You know how 10 years ago nobody was in a book club, but now EVERYBODY has a book club? Well, my prediction is that in another 10 years, we're going to start having sleepovers again. I'll bring the chocolate-chip cookies!

No comments: