Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiven

Well, Thanksgiving 2007 is almost over. In fact, the only thing standing between me and the end is a slice of Derby pie. (I also have pumpkin pie for the more traditionally minded.)

I like Thanksgiving. It's a nice, food-oriented holiday without all the emotional baggage that seems to accompany Christmas. I had a good time working to prepare a feast for my appreciative audience. In fact, this year I'm thankful for my relatively low-maintenance family, who worked with me to get the meal on the table and who were willing to overlook its imperfections (like the fact that I forgot cranberry sauce. I hate cranberry sauce, but duh, what was I thinking?!).

When everything was on the table, I had to stop for a moment to take a quick picture:



Fred's dad took a picture of me taking my picture:



It took an afternoon of dozing in front of the TV before any of us could even think about handling dessert. We're ready now though!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: