Monday, November 26, 2007

Missing Mr. Stinky

I wrote on my old blog several years ago about Mr. Stinky, the plant my mom brought back from Hawaii for me. (In that post, however, I mistakenly implied that the German name for the plant--Aasblume--meant a flower that smells like ass rather than a flower that smells like a corpse. Es tut mir leid.) I keep meaning to get Mr. Stinky (or at least a cutting that I can root) every time I'm home in Florida, but for some reason it never happens.

Mr. Stinky has bloomed several times in the years that he's lived with my parents, but it never happens when I'm around. Behold this amazing picture my dad sent me last August of the Stinkster's latest flower. In fact, go ahead and click on it to see it bigger so you can better see the flies!



Wouldn't that make for one frightful corsage?!

No comments: