Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sh! No talking in class

Distance learning has its drawbacks. It can be hard to make friends, for example, when you're just a name in a chatroom once a week. But then there are the advantages, like being able to wear your PJs to school and being able to have a glass of wine during a lecture. Or being able to post to your blog, thus not falling off the NaBloPoMo wagon scarcely one week into the month.

My whole day has been taken up working on my current indexing project. I really underestimated the time this would take, and now the deadline (Saturday, but really Friday, as I hate working right up until the last minute) is staring me in the face. So I'm multitasking during class tonight: working, studying, updating the blog.

I'm in class from 6:00 to 10:00 each Thursday night this semester with a break from 7:30 to 8:00. It makes for a long night, but I really like having just one evening a week dominated by school. In fact, I like it so much that I've pre-registered for back-to-back classes again next semester. I just wish it were almost any night except Thursday: That's the night with the best TV!

No comments: