Sunday, November 01, 2009

NaBloPoMo: Day 1

I decided to join NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) this November in hopes of inspiring myself to post more often. Here are some random bullet points to start the month off right:
  • I can't stop eating miniature Snickers with almonds. I woke up thinking about them this morning and had one for breakfast.

  • Swim season has started, but it doesn't seem quite real to me. I think that is because Mike is driving himself to and from practice in Fred's car, so it has very little effect on my life (unlike the past 3 years of needing to be home at a certain time to pick up after practice). Right now though my van is fully loaded with warm-up suits, swim parkas, swim bags, and god-only-knows-what-else that I need to distribute at practice tomorrow. So it'll seem more real when I'm in the frenzy of handing out equipment, I'm sure.

  • FKHS won AGAIN Friday night! We haven't won back-to-back games since 2003, so this is huge. I never thought the day would come when I would care one way or the other about football, but man, it's nice to have a little victory going on.

  • We are hoping to move to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, this summer. Also never thought the day would come when I would want to move to Kansas, but it really does look like the best possible move for us at this point. And maybe I'm jinxing things by mentioning it publicly on the blog, but I sat on the news of our move to Germany for 2 solid months last year and look how that turned out.

  • In fact, I think that one thing that has gradually shut me down as a blogger over the past year is feeling intimidated about talking about this or that publicly. If I'm going to keep this up, I need to be a little more honest and open. So the Germany/deployment thing? KILLED me! Annabelle's 2 years in middle school? AWFUL, and yeah, middle school is generally recognized as horrible, but this was really, really bad! And the class I'm taking this semester for my own school? SUCKS! Honestly, if this were my first class in the program instead of my eighth, I would probably drop out entirely, fearing that every class would be somewhat like this nightmare.
So there. That's enough for one day. Stay tuned for another post tomorrow, and maybe this will start feeling normal again.

No comments: