Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Miscellaneous crap

Ginger pooped a dollar bill today. As I scooped it up and tied it inside a poo bag, I wondered to myself what denomination it would have to be to inspire me to try to refresh it enough to make it usable. I decided that as a one-time thing, I wouldn't bother for anything smaller than a fifty. If, however, I could get her to produce twenties on a regular basis, I would get into money laundering . . . literally.

***

One of my friends from down the street posted as his Facebook status tonight that Knox Hills (the company that runs the military housing here at Knox) wants to move him to another house EVEN THOUGH HE WILL BE RETIRING AND LEAVING POST ALTOGETHER IN UNDER A YEAR. I had heard rumors of such nonsense but figured we were safe after our housing manager paid us a visit last week and said nothing of it. Well, when I was reading Andre's report on Facebook, all of a sudden I got a feeling of dread, so I sent Mike downstairs to check for a letter. Sure enough, we've been put on notice.

Bottom line is that they have until September 2010 to finish renovating the houses in the historical district. So if you're in unrenovated housing (like us) and not moving away before June 30 (like us), then they will move you to another house so they can get to work on the renovations. Andre says they've known of this deadline for 4 years, and if that is so, BASTARDS! Also, I don't see anything in this letter guaranteeing housing in the historical district, just that the people who volunteer to be relocated first will get first dibs on what is available. I love my neighborhood and have no desire to leave it prematurely.

Let's look at our timetable. Fred won't get back here until July, and I have no intention of moving Annabelle out of Kentucky until youth theatre is over for the summer, plus I know Mike is going to want to maximize his last summer with his Kentucky friends. Maybe it would be possible to go ahead and ship everything to our next duty station and live in temp quarters through the summer (although that would mean I get the pleasure of yet another packing out without Fred). There is no way in hell I am packing up and unpacking just to do it all over again this summer.

There's going to be a town hall meeting to discuss the matter on Thursday night. You better believe I'll be there. I'm ready to lead the frickin' revolution. What is the saying? "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." I feel a call to my congressman coming on.

No comments: