Monday, November 02, 2009

1,001

Wow, I just realized that yesterday's post was my 1000th on this blog. How cool is that? I might have another miniature Snickers with almonds to celebrate. (EDITED TO ADD: I did in fact celebrate just like that, plus I introduced Annabelle to the wonder that is Snickers with almonds.)

Swim season definitely feels real now. I spent an hour and a half this afternoon handing out equipment. It was fun though--we've got the best kids, and the nicest parents, and the most awesome coach! Tomorrow is a scrimmage meet again Meade County, and Mike can't wait. I'll miss part of it when I take Annabelle to her dance class, but I'm eager to catch however much of it I can after that.

Mike informed me today that one of FKHS's losses of this season was transformed into a victory when the other team had to forfeit for having played an ineligible player. Wow, three wins in one season! It's hard to imagine that there are schools where victory feels normal. Each one here feels like Christmas.

It dawned on me earlier that I haven't updated on my contact lenses lately (and I'm sure you guys have just been dying to know). I am officially a contact wearer now. It's still not 100% perfect. Any time I go into a store of any type, I don't know if it's perfumes or lack of humidity or what, but I swear I can feel them drying to my eyes. I'm using Restasis though, which seems to help a lot with the overall dryness. I continue to be amazed by the crystal clear vision they provide (so much better than glasses!). I still need to learn how to pop them out at the end of the day. This is how you're supposed to do it:



I am still 100% reliant on my little eyeball-sucker tool. In fact, I bought five extra so that I will always have one on hand.

No comments: