Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Blogging from bed

I haven't had my computer with me in bed for at least a week now. I did something monumentally stupid and tried to watch Weeds for free online and picked up some sort of nasty virus. I decided to rescue my data and reformat the hard drive, and it's taken me a while to get everything put back together. In fact, for some reason I can't connect to my own network, so I'm borrowing a little bandwidth from the neighbors in order to post this.

The kids are over halfway done with their first week of school. There have been a few minor bumps, mostly in getting Annabelle's schedule finalized, but I think we have the kinks worked out, and they seem happy enough.

I went to Pilates today, which was kind of lonely without Annabelle along for the ride. On the drive home, I called Fred on my cell phone, which is kind of novel for a deployment. He has a regular US number that rings in his room, but I never got a chance to try it out before, as the time windows where we are both awake and he is in his room are incredibly narrow. Stupid time difference.

My Netflix delivery arrived today: the first 2 discs of the season of Weeds that I was trying to watch when I screwed up my computer in the first place. I am going to go watch a couple episodes now.

No comments: