Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh, Auntie Em!

We had a great fall break, but it sure feels nice to be home again. It was odd though to walk in tonight and find my pre-trip to-do list sitting on the kitchen counter. All that preparation, and now it's over.

We spent last night in Alabama visiting with Fred's folks. Today on our way north, we took a detour and drove through Murfreesboro, Tennessee, to take a quick look at Middle Tennessee State. They supposedly have a really excellent music production program, which is one of Mike's interests. It looked like a nice campus, and we will have to go back sometime for a more in-depth visit (one in which we actually get out of the car).

We rolled into the driveway at about 7 p.m. tonight, and by 7:30 we had everything unloaded and unpacked (keep in mind that "unpacked" and "put away" are very different concepts). Mike did his first solo drive--up to the store for milk.

I've got my laptop set back up on my bed, and I thought I would spend the evening catching up on some of my Internet surfing, but right now even that feels too much like work. So instead I think I shall put the computer away and turn on the TV and see what the TiFaux recorded while I was away.

No comments: