Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's what's for breakfast

The other day I bought some pears at the commissary. They were pretty hard, so I put them in a paper bag on my counter to ripen. I was really looking forward to having one for breakfast today, but when I reached into the bag, I found that they are all still hard as rocks.

So I turned my attention to the peaches I bought at Walmart that same day. Now I know that we're well past peach season locally, but these were from California and looked just beautiful but also a little hard. This morning, however, they felt just perfect, so I cut into one . . . and found the inside was disgusting! I tossed it out in the backyard for the groundhogs (I consider the groundhog hole to be my composting system) and cut into another. It also was disgusting, so I tossed it into the yard after the first and turned my attention to the one food that never lets me down: mint chocolate-chip ice cream!

No comments: