Thursday, October 23, 2008

A nice day for voting

This is one of those fall days that I suspect is the reason some people love fall. I would love fall if I didn't know the misery waiting for me on the other side of it. Winter, bah! I've been trying to get in on the fall love though, as you can see from my madd holiday decorating skillz:



I decided to take advantage of the lovely weather, so Ginger and I walked to the post office to mail my absentee ballot. I've never voted in person before--can you believe that? In 2004 I was in Germany, in 2000 I was in Hawaii, in 1996 I was in Virginia, in 1992 I was in North Carolina, and in 1988, while I was in Florida, I was away at law school in St. Petersburg. Before that I was at home but too young to vote. As a result, I have never gotten an "I voted" sticker. So I'm giving myself one here:

No comments: