Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October resolution

I used to really like fall. When we were in college, my cousin Julie and I would literally squeal with excitement over sweater weather. It was easy to be happy about it then--we were in central Florida, and we had a couple brisk days and then everything was warm and normal again. Now, however, my hatred of winter has eclipsed my enjoyment of fall, and I think that is too bad. I noticed when we drove back up here yesterday that there's a little color to the trees, and it got me to thinking that autumn here really is pretty. So I have decided that this year I will embrace fall! I bought a bag of funny-shaped gourds at the commissary today to put on my table in a basket, and I might even get a pot or 2 of mums for the porch.

I still reserve the right, however, to whine like a big dog about winter.

No comments: