Thursday, July 10, 2008

The video clips

As I said in yesterday's post, last night was our one opportunity to take pictures and shoot video during a performance. I've been working on my video clips for most of today and am happy to be able to share them. A couple of notes first though:

First, we were not allowed to use monopods or tripods for filming, so the video is shakier than I would have liked.

Second, I tried to balance getting a good overview of the show with getting good shots of Annabelle. Accordingly, there are times when it looks like a performance of "The Rug and Beauty and the Beast," but I figure that's my maternal perogative.

In "Belle," Annabelle is the chimney sweep who walks in from the left (stage right):



"Me" is one of my favorite numbers from the show:



In "Gaston," Annabelle wears a pink dress and starts off on the far right side chatting with the baker. After Gaston spits, she wipes his spit off her forehead. Later on in the song, she is on the left chugging some beer:



"Be Our Guest" is just spectacular! Annabelle is the rug in this song. I think it's funny when the castle creatures are all sobbing and she blows her nose on her tassles:



In "Human Again," Annabelle's big moment comes at around the 2-minute mark when she rolls onto stage and is swept away:



"Maison des Lunes" is one of Annabelle's favorite songs, so she asked me to record it:



Here's the title song. I tended to focus on the dancer, because Annabelle wanted to show Maya (yay pointe shoes!):



In the "Castle Battle," our heroic rug engages in fierce battle against Le Fou and later chases him off stage:



And finally this is "Transformation," "Finale," and the curtain call. The transformation is so cool:



It has taken me most of the day to assemble this post. The cast is doing a special private performance right now for a VERY GENEROUS corporate donor (thank you, First Federal!). I can't wait to hear how it goes!

No comments: