Friday, July 18, 2008

One day more

When she saw my video clip of the castle battle from "Beauty and the Beast," which starts with the tail end of "Kill the Beast," my friend Deana remarked that it had a real "One Day More" (from "Les Miz") look to it. I think she's right. Here's a picture that I copied from the YTHC website:



And here's a shot from "Les Miz" that I copied from heaven only knows where (thanks, Google Image Search!):



Consider the lyrics: "Here we come, we're 50 strong, and 50 Frenchmen can't be wrong . . . " Coincidence? I think not.

And now it really is one day more. Annabelle is at the next to last performance right now. I'm going to go tomorrow to watch the closing night performance. It's sad to see it come to an end, but Annabelle is already looking forward to next year's show. "That's the nice thing about having civilian friends," she remarked the other day. "They'll still be here a year from now."

No comments: