Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Is this just a Kentucky thing?

We have found that the one thing we can count on here is that on any given weekend at least one charitable organization will be standing in the middle of a busy intersection looking for handouts. I'm assuming they have official permission to do this because they always have the traffic cones and the vests. Heck, sometimes it's the firefighters with a firetruck parked in the median, lights flashing, and men walking up and down holding out boots for drivers to toss their donations into.

I worry the whole thing is an accident waiting to happen. Not to be a grump, but I have a blanket policy that I will not give money under these conditions, not even to organizations that I would happily support otherwise. I don't want to encourage the continuation of this practice:

No comments: