Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Winter reading challenge: update

Still making my way through the winter reading challenge! I finished Schuyler's Monster and In Defense of Food and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Both books serve up a certain amount of outrage though--Schuyler's story for how the school system can really let kids down and the food book for how our government has allowed our food supply to be turned into an endless supply of crap to the benefit of major food companies. I need some fluff, especially as I am continuing to make my way through the Russian stories book and, just between you and me, Russian stories have very little fluff. So I have officially added Sophie Kinsella's new book, Remember Me?, to my list. I got through the first couple chapters tonight while I was waiting for Mike to teach his swim lessons, and it looks really fun!

Updated list:

  • Beneath the Surface
  • In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto
  • Nicholas and Alexandra
  • Russian Stories: A Dual-Language Book
  • Remember Me?
  • Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey with His Wordless Daughter
  • The Shia Revival: How Conflicts within Islam Will Shape the Future
  • Stupid and Contagious
  • Unhooked: How Young Women Pursue Sex, Delay Love and Lose at Both

No comments: