Thursday, March 27, 2008

At the movies

One of my favorite parts of the Oscars is when they go through past winners. I sit there and say, "Oh, that was so good and I'd love to see it again," or "Wow, I never got to see that one." This year was no exception, but this year I decided to do something about it, so I signed up for NetFlix. Then I started thinking of how much fun it would be if I could share my movie list here on the blog like I share my book list via LibraryThing.

I started looking around online for widgets and finally found one that I liked a lot, but when I installed it it changed the display of some of the other things in my sidebar. Fortunately the people at AdaptiveBlue could not have been more helpful! We sent a series of emails back and forth and pretty soon I had my template code tidied up and the widget safe and sound on my sidebar. So now you can keep up with what we're watching around here!

For the record, Mike stayed home from school today with a bad cold, and he and I watched "On Golden Pond." Annabelle watched "Edward Scissorhands" yesterday TWICE. And we've been sitting on "West Side Story" for a good 3 weeks. We're taking it to Florida though, so put on your "West Side Story" shoes, Florida peeps! (And your "Vitus" shoes and--on April 1--your "Sweeney Todd" shoes, too.)

No comments: