Friday, January 04, 2008

Knitwit

I finally finished the pair of socks I have been working on since forever. Kind of ironic, as they are a chunkier sock yarn than I typically work with and thus should knit up FASTER. Oh, well, I'm pleased with how they turned out:



I started another pair of socks a little while ago, but I'm just not in a very "socky" mood, which is why it took me so long to finish the last pair. It's nice yarn, but my heart just isn't in it:



What I'm really in the mood to knit is a sweater. I want to do another Lopi sweater kind of like the one I made when we were moving to Germany. I want to knit in the round and have lots of fancy colors, but I want to work with something finer and less scratchy than Lopi. This means that I need to get out there and see what's available and do a whole lot of math to decide what size pattern to make and what size needles to use and how many skeins of yarn to buy, and I just don't have the energy.

So it's more socks for now. After this pair, I'll only have enough yarn left from our last trip to Germany for one more pair, so I'll have to figure something out.

No comments: