Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kerchoo!

Harvey's upper respiratory tract infection seems to be coming back. He did a round of antibiotics while at the wildlife rehabilitator's, and all was fine when he came home on Tuesday. Thursday night I noticed him sneezing occasionally, and last night it was impossible to miss. I googled the phrase "sneezing kitten" and spent the rest of the night in a panic over whether he was going to die from Feline Infectious Peritonitis. This morning he was still sneezing and seeming somewhat less playful, although at least he kept eating and drinking.

So our morning was spent in pursuit of antibiotics for him. He had a big starter dose early this afternoon and a regular dose this evening, and already I think he is much improved. He's definitely perkier! As I type this, he is sitting beside me playing with his tail. Getting medicine in him is NOT fun though. I think his reaction is about the most extreme of any animal I have ever had to medicate (and that includes Ginger and her eyedrops a couple of years ago).

I am going to end this post here because it is not easy to type with a kitten sitting on your chest, especially when said kitten keeps trying to attack the cursor on the computer screen:

No comments: