Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Have a RICE day

RICE, as in Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. It's the story of my life today.

When I took the dog out first thing this morning, I stepped in a pothole and twisted my ankle in a big way. Fortunately I had my cell phone on me, so I was able to call Mike and have him come down and pick me up. He also took me to the ER, where 6 xrays later it was determined that I have a sprain. They wrapped it up for me and sent me on my way with crutches, which I am HOPELESS at using.

While I was waiting for the final diagnosis at the hospital, I used my phone to take some pictures. Here's my injured foot--see the lump on the outer left side?



My ankle definitely got the worst of it, but I also walloped my right knee and shoulder pretty good. I must have hit my head as well, because my glasses wound up looking like this:

No comments: