Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jamaica: I'm on a boat

For most of the vacation, I was content to sit in a lounge chair on the beach, hiding behind a book. On Saturday, however, we left the resort to take a boat ride (a.k.a. booze cruise) for the afternoon:



The kids seemed to take quite naturally to cruising around on a 65-foot yacht:





Ooh, look! A gun show:



The boat took us out to the Montego Bay Marine Park, where we spent about 45 minutes snorkeling:







Once the snorkeling was done, the bar opened up, and I discovered that rum punch is very much to my liking:



Our next stop was Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, where Fred and the kids monkeyed around on the water slide and trampolines:











They also hung out on the tubes:





I couldn't choose between these 2 shots of Fred and me, and I so rarely like any photo that I'm in that I figured I might as well post them both:





The boat ride finished up with foot massages for all the ladies, which was heavenly:



We really lucked out with the weather, as it started raining pretty hard on the ride back to the dock and the later cruise was canceled. We returned to the hotel to get cleaned up and rest for a little while and then took a shuttle back to Margaritaville for supper.

No comments: