Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mangia!

I didn't think to take any pictures, but we had an especially yummy supper Sunday night. I made the calzones that are featured in the current issue of Fine Cooking, and they turned out surprisingly well given my long history of screwing up bread products.

The dough was super easy to make. You need to really plan ahead though, as it has to chill for 8 hours and then spend another couple of hours coming back to room temperature.

The no-cook sauce came out really well also. I sauteed some chopped garlic to put in mine, as we all love garlic around here.

We used mozzarella cheese, ham, sauteed mushrooms, and sauteed onion and pepper for our fillings. This video will tell you all you need to know about assembling the calzones.

Go ahead! Try them, you will like them! I'm already planning ahead for the next round.

No comments: