Monday, November 01, 2010

Back to our regular programming

Tap tap tap . . . is this thing still on? So, long time no talk to, huh? I'm not really sure what to make of my recent posting malaise, the bloggy blahs, you might call it. I have participated in NaBloPoMo for the past few years though and didn't want to miss it this year. Maybe writing every day will jump start my enthusiasm for blogging, no?

So, let's see, what has been going on in the past couple of weeks? Mike made a weekend trip home from college and enjoyed several days of pampering. Annabelle is in Grease at her school, and rehearsals are keeping her super busy. Fred appears to like his job and keeps normal hours for the first time in forever. And I am finishing up my last month of working at the library here on post and getting set up to switch over to a law school library for next semester. Graduation in May! Woo hoo!

Annabelle's school did a series of novice plays at the beginning of the year, kind of a way for new kids to break into the program. She was in Family 2.0, a one-act absurdist play that reminded me a lot of Edward Albee's The American Dream. I recorded it using the video settings on my still camera, because apparently my video camera is such a dinosaur that the PX no longer sells tapes for it. I'll need to get something better before Grease, but here's what I did manage to get:



You can follow along with the script here, but I warn you that it is raunchy with a capital RAUNCH. They tamed it down quite a bit for the school performance.

So anyway, back to the blog. I am going to post every day this month, even if it is nothing more than my Facebook status, which is now:

"Bonnie Boyd Taylor needs recommendations from her Leavenworth peeps: dentist and dog groomer, preferably not the same person. (Then again, that would be awfully convenient!)"

2 comments:

daviddesmond said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Grace and I look up your blog every morning before breakfast.
Enjoyed the play too.

Love, Joy and Peace,

Bonnie said...

Thanks, Dave! I'm glad you enjoyed the play. :-)