Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bats in my belfry

A couple days ago, I told you about how I pimped our back porch to make it a hatchery for baby robins. Well, today I discovered that I have more birds (starlings, I think) nesting in the vent that is just above my kitchen window:



I've seen a bird fly out of that area on occasion, but I always thought it was one of the robins, since the nest is directly adjacent to that window. Today, however, I walked into the kitchen to find our cat Eddie practically sitting in the sink to look out the window, and he was watching something intently. It was a bird but not a robin, and I could clearly hear yet another bird rustling around in the box over the sink. I grabbed my cell phone and snapped a couple of quick pics:



Before too long, the second bird came out of the hole, and they flew away together. I'm pretty sure they're making a nest in what I think is my stove vent, which makes me oddly happy. I just wish I had some way of watching them!

No comments: