Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Sleeping in tomorrow

For the past couple of months, Mike has had swim practice at 6 a.m. most days. I kept meaning to re-adjust my schedule so that he could just drive himself to the gym and then on to school and I wouldn't need to go anywhere until he got home in the afternoon. Somehow I never got around to it though, so we've gone through the following daily routine:

5:15 Mike gets up and turns on the car. Once it warms up, he drives himself to the gym.

7:00 He calls me to wake me up and let me know he's on his way home. I put on my fleece-lined jeans and throw a sweatshirt over my PJ top and meet him downstairs as he tosses his wet suit and towel into the kitchen and grabs dry ones for afternoon practice.

7:15 I drive him (and sometimes a swim buddy) to school and take the car back home so I can have it later.

7:30 I creep back up to my room, strip off the jeans, and crawl back into bed to wait for the sun to come up.

Well, today was the LAST morning practice for this season, and I am positively giddy at the idea of not having to leave the house at that ridiculously early hour!

No comments: