Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

When you give a gift--especially to a child--it's difficult to know whether your gift will have true staying power. For example, when my grandmother had a puzzle made of a photo of my fifth birthday party, who would have thought that I would work that puzzle with only one piece missing on my forty-second birthday?

19720203-Bonnie's-birthday-

Here's the original that the puzzle was made from:



And here's another scene from that day:



Don't we look cute and . . . vintage?

I don't have any big plans for the day. We're saving the bulk of the celebrating for Presidents' Day weekend when Fred will be here. I've got a board meeting at 12:30. Aside from that I'm going to take it easy.

Edited to add:Whee! After I got home from my meeting, my friends Sandy and Laura stopped by and surprised me with layer dip, brownies, and presents:



I'm having a very nice day. :-)

No comments: