Friday, February 20, 2009

Grape craving

I hardly ever buy soda to keep at the house. A few weeks ago though, I discovered that Walgreens in E'town sells Welch's grape soda, and I've invented reasons to go there a couple of times just so I can get that grapey goodness. (Believe it or not, it reminds me of Germany, as I used to occasionally buy a can of it at the USO.) So today I decided that when I went to the commissary to pick up a few odds and ends for supper, I was going to treat myself to a 6-pack or a 12-pack or whatever I could find.

Alas, it turns out that Welch's grape soda is not one of the fifty-million soft drinks that the commissary stocks. So I bought some grape Kool-Aid instead, which was good but not quite the same thing.

We had supper freakishly early tonight. I was back upstairs in my PJs by 6 p.m., and I think I am going to spend the rest of the evening catching up on my TV watching. I have a lot of shows to clean off the DVR.

Oh, by the way, if you missed seeing Annabelle's post from yesterday, you need to go check it out. She posted the German video she made for the upcoming foreign language festival.

No comments: