Thursday, February 05, 2009

Getting ready

I was so looking forward to my long night of sleeping. I had such high hopes when I turned off the TV at 10 and passed out cold. And then I woke up at midnight. And pretty much hourly thereafter until the kids got up a little before 6. I'm just so excited about Regionals that I couldn't sleep! (Good thing I don't have to swim.)

I've been going a mile a minute all day getting things ready. I made 2 batches of blueberry muffins, figuring that they would be good for Mike to have on hand for snacking. I made a batch of Krispie treats, because it's just not a roadtrip with Krispie treats. I took the dog to the kennel, bought last-minute stuff (like a backup pair of goggles), and took Annabelle to orchestra rehearsal.

Somehow I managed to find time in my busy day to break my toe. I was walking between my bedroom and my office (barefoot! I never walk around barefoot!), and I kind of listed to one side and kicked the corner of the wall. It's just mildly painful as long as I'm not doing anything to it, but if I try to wiggle or curl my toes, I feel like the bones are coming right through the skin. Ouch!

It's going to be an exciting couple of days. Here's hoping I sleep better tonight!

No comments: