Thursday, January 08, 2009

Wicked day

I was a little nervous when we booked Annabelle's tooth pulling for yesterday, because I've had tickets for today's matinee performance of Wicked since sometime in October. I couldn't get a Friday appointment (which was our first choice) though until sometime in March, so we went ahead and did the teeth yesterday. I held my breath and hoped that her positive attitude (she really wanted to get it over with) and some heavy-duty drugs would get her through, and they did!

The show was amazing! I've heard the soundtrack once and had just the slightest familiarity with the plot. So the show was full of surprises for me, which was great. Our seat location could not have been better--row F, smack dab in the center.

We ran by Walmart on our way home to pick up a new antibiotic for Annabelle. The liquid that tasted "like sweat" has been replaced by pills, to her great relief. After I dropped her off at the house, I raced over to the pool for Mike's swim meet. I didn't get any video, and I don't have official stats, but he was very happy. He took almost a full second off his 100-yard breaststroke time! These twice-a-day practices are paying off for him.

No comments: