Friday, January 02, 2009

We bid you an odd fondue

We finally got our New Year's Eve fondue tonight. We ate ourselves silly, and the kids and I waxed nostalgic about our fondue parties back in Germany with the Mitchells. Ah, good times, good times . . .

Annabelle had her consult with the oral surgeon this afternoon. She'll go back on Wednesday to have the teeth pulled. Her one question for the doctor: "Will I get good pain meds?" That's my girl! (And the answer is "yes.")

We were supposed to get our new cell phones today, but they didn't arrive. I spent an hour doing battle on the phone with Sprint, and all I can say is that if those phones don't get here tomorrow, I'll take it as a sign from the universe that I'm meant to have an iPhone.

We had one last movie night for Fred's final evening at home. Our chosen film: Untergang (Downfall), a German flick I got last Christmas. Kind of hard to follow but very interesting! It was especially amazing to see the kindly grandfather from Vitus transformed into Hitler. Mike, with his knack for concise historical commentary, summed it up perfectly: "Dude, Hitler was such a douchebag!"

Tomorrow morning we'll go to Mike's swim meet and then Fred will take off for his return drive to Pennsylvania.

No comments: