Saturday, May 17, 2008

Clearing my schedule

Fred got called back to work last night, and at first I thought about going to the farewell party for our friends by myself. I even drove by to make sure I knew where it was. But by the end of the day, my mouth starts to hurt, and I just wasn't in the mood to stand around chatting and of course I'm still in no condition to really eat (although I did just wolf down some scrambled eggs a little while ago and I swallowed most of a piece of pizza practically whole yesterday). Anyway, instead of going to the party, I came home, put on my PJs, and spent the evening working on my indexing project.

Then today Fred had to work again, so I decided to go up to Louisville just long enough to listen to the band perform at the competition (I thought they sounded great!). I bailed on going to Kentucky Kingdom, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Instead I spent some time this afternoon transferring the video of Annabelle's piano recital last night to my computer. She played Joana from "Sweeney Todd" and did a really great job! Hard to believe she just got started on the lessons last fall:



I don't think there's any hope of getting out of our pre-dawn drive to Lexington tomorrow, so I'm just going to take it extra-easy for the rest of today.

No comments: