Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I didn't stay up last night to watch the election returns come in. I thought about it, but then I remembered the election 2 years ago: I was full of hope and did stay up all night, so the next day, not only was I disappointed but I also physically felt like crap. Last night I turned off the TV at 10:30 and hoped for the best.

This morning when I woke up it felt like Christmas, back in the day when Santa was a bad-ass and could leave you a lump of coal as easily as he might leave you a pony or an easy-bake oven. I went to the computer and signed on with some trepidation to see what would be waiting beneath the tree.

Lo and behold, it was the political equivalent of an easy-bake oven (which I desperately longed for but was never allowed to have, no matter how much I begged, because I was never "old enough"). What a great way to start the day!

I headed up to Louisville to do a little shopping, so I spent most of the day in a news blackout. Imagine my shock and awe when I got home and checked the headlines and saw that Donald Rumsfeld had upgraded my easy-bake oven to a pony.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!

No comments: