Thursday, May 31, 2012

You gotta have "Friends"

My neighbor is fostering a litter of 6 black kittens, and I thought I would pass out from an overdose of cuteness the first time I saw them. Said neighbor just went out of town for a few days, so Annabelle and I stepped in to help out.

There are 3 boys and 3 girls, and they have been named after the characters on the TV series Friends: Joey, Chandler, Ross, Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel. Each wears a different color collar, and there's a list on the door telling which one goes with which kitten. It seems like just when I was starting to get good at kitten identification, our kitten-minding gig came to a too-early end. Tonight is my first night since Sunday without a kitten fix, and I think I'm having withdrawal.

I took my camera over a couple of times and got some pictures, which was harder than you might think. Every time I went to get a picture of one, it seemed I had another dangling from my camera strap or climbing up my leg. Frankly, they reminded me a lot more of the title characters in the movie Gremlins rather than Friends.

Annabelle has a conversation with Monica:



Chandler likes to sit on heads:



Annabelle with half a litter:



The whole litter:



Rachel wants to whisper a secret in Annabelle's ear:



I told you Chandler likes to sit on heads:



I'm not sure which one this is:



I've got my hands and lap full:



We even convinced Fred to go over once for some kitten therapy:







Joey likes to make trouble:



Phoebe says, "Please take me home with you!"

4 comments:

Claire said...

Phoebe says "smelly cat, smelly cat what are they feeding you?

Smelly cat smelly cat it's not your fault!"

Dad said...

Annabelle looks like she's about to have a "Steve Martin" moment and start juggling those three kittens!

As for the "Friends" theme, that's cute as long as they don't push it too far. Didn't Ross and Rachel end up a couple? And Chandler and Monica? And if Joey and Phoebe didn't actually tie the knot, weren't they planning to if they hit 40 and were still single? Someone needs to keep an eye on those litter-mates and separate them if they start acting like Hawaiian royalty!

Reba said...

I laughed out loud! Kitten overload!

Bonnie said...

Thanks, everybody! I have serious kitten withdrawal now, and watching "Friends" on TV just isn't the same now.