Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snoopy snow dance

Several items of business:
  • I still haven't ordered a senior pic. I need to tally up the votes and get Mike's opinion. I'll let you know when I get that resolved.

  • It snowed today, and all the county schools around us closed, but not Fort Knox. I understand why it was a bummer for the kids--they had to go to school in the snow. But I was seriously disappointed as well, even though I still had a quiet, relaxing day. I just love having the kids home unexpectedly, and snow days are magical. Mike and Annabelle should have been here, piling on the layers to go play outside and then coming home looking like this:



    Sigh . . . memories of Germany . . . weren't the kids little back then? They seemed so big.

    Anyway, tonight I just happened to check the webpage for the installation, never expecting that they would have made a decision for tomorrow yet, and was pleasantly surprised to see that: "Fort Knox schools will be closed on Friday 8 January." Shortly after that, we got the recorded phone call from the school, so it's official. Snow day tomorrow!

  • My mom took a 1000-piece puzzle to the beach house over Christmas. We were working on it almost up to the very moment that we had to check out, mostly to prove a point to Jeff that yes-we-would-too-finish-it!!! Here it is:

    Ukranian-egg-puzzle-animati

    That puzzle haunts my dreams.

6 comments:

Mom said...

I love that puzzle but I would not want to work it again.

Claire said...

I contributed 1, yes 1, piece placed correctly in that puzzle. I feel like a CHAMPION1

Anonymous said...

I think I had a hand in it, but I didn't get anythng right. ( I believe I see my hand in one of the pictures of the busy bees at work.)

Glad you got it finished anyway!

Love, Grandma

Melanie said...

we had a lovely 2000 piece puzzle (Ravensburger one of the Tuscan country side: http://www.acepuzzle.com/ravens16604.html).
The kids gave up on it, but we slogged on & finished it. I have threatened to bring it out every year to work on between Christmas & New Year's Day. HA!

Love the pysanky puzzle.

Dad said...

I count 1,499 pieces--or 1,500 if we include the one Mom hid in her pocket so she could be the one to finish it!

Bonnie said...

LOL, Dad, I was going to fix my typo, but now I think I will let it stand. Yes, my mom did hold a piece so that she could have the honor of finishing it. It was funny because we were all blaming Jeff.

Claire and Grandma, you both helped!

Melanie, I would send you the egg puzzle, but we left it at the beach house because, like Mom said, NEVER AGAIN!