Sunday, January 03, 2010

Lawn art, Army style

You might think that living on a military installation is dull and rather . . . um, uniform (pardon the pun), but I have seen the most interesting things in my neighborhood. I've had neighbors who were Jordanian royalty, for example, and I've watched Canadians and Marines battle each other armed only with pink flamingos and garden gnomes. Today I was setting out for Louisville when I noticed that the people a few doors down from me had something rather unexpected in their front yard. I hurried home for my camera, because I wouldn't want you to miss out on seeing this:

5 comments:

lifeshighway said...

OMG, I LOVE it. I would love to put a link on my blog to this picture.

Bonnie said...

LOL, lifeshighway, be my guest! The horse was gone when I got home this evening. I think he might have just been there for a holiday reception. I saw some guys milling about in their dress blues earlier today.

Fred said...

Commander's New Year Reception probably.

Unknown said...

subtle. Shame they didn't keep him and dress him up for various seasons.

Bonnie said...

Oh, wouldn't that have been awesome, Deana?